‘Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” ‘ Matthew 11:28(NLT)
Sometimes, the weight of expectations and responsibilities might wear one out and if support doesn’t come quickly enough, one might buckle under the pressure.
However, Jesus has given us a guaranteed assurance of rest if we go to him. Therefore, we need to go to him and let him ease our burdens. With him, rest is sure and a more fulfilling life is possible.
Practical steps to get the ‘rest’:
1. Accept that you need help with your burdens.
2. Go to Jesus Christ and pray to him for help with your burdens(mention them).
3. (i)Confess and accept him as your Lord and personal saviour(for those not born-again yet).
(ii) Confess and reaffirm his Lordship over your life(for the redeemed).
4. Thank him for the answer to the prayer and praise him in advance, believing that he has done it for you.
5. Keep believing: Don’t lose faith in God.Never doubt that he has done it. Keep confessing your rest in him.
Your ceaseless faith in God will help you focus more on Jesus Christ,who gives rest, and not on your burdens. This way, you get to keep the rest and beat the stress.
God be praised!